Monday, December 4, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 5TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering you own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.

Saint Francis de Sales

TODAY’S ACTION

Be kind to yourself.

TODAY’S QUOTE

 Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Christopher Reeve

HAPPY TUESDAY!

BrrrrChill ! It’s so cold outside ! When I went to work yesterday morning it was about 18 degrees ! I did put my on the layers and my boots and my down filled coat, so I kept pretty warm. It flurried a little but there was no accumulation. Thank the good Lord ! East of us must have got more snow because the traffic reports were terrible.

I put lots more links in today’s newsletter and I also put a nice video of ‘Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Claus’ on my ‘What’s New at My House’ blog.

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

I get a newsletter from the Farmer’s Almanac people and they provided the html code to put it on your own website.

I’m still working (very slowly) on my Christmas decorating and crafting, so the days go by before I can blink twice !

Take care and watch out for any icy spots !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

TODAY IS…PLAY HOOKY DAY

This is the day when people are supposed to play hooky from work and go shopping.

All I can say is... WHY NOT!

( I can’t as there is too much on my desk at work, but if you can – go for it !)

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Walt Disney Day, marking his birth on this date in 1901. The cartoonist, film maker, and amusement park developer died on December 15, 1966.

Today is National Swap A Christmas Cookie Recipe Day

Today is National Blue Jeans Day.

1848: President James Polk confirmed the discovery of gold in California, leading to the "gold rush" of 1848 and '49.

1876: The Stillson wrench was patented by D.C. Stillson of Somerville, MA this day it is a pipe wrench.

1951: The first push-button automatic garage door was installed in Washington, D.C.

Christmas Trivia for Today

Question: An important Florida fort was constructed on December 25, 1837, as a defense during the Seminole War. What appropriate name was given to the fort?

Answer: Fort Christmas

TODAY’S CHRISTMAS SMILE

The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed,

But Santa still knelt by the side of the bed.

"Dear Father," he prayed "Be with me tonight.

There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.

I must jump in my sleigh and streak through the sky,

Knowing full well that a reindeer can't fly.

I will visit each household before the first light,

I'll cover the world and all in one night.

With sleigh bells a-ringing, I'll land on each roof,

Amid the soft clatter of each little hoof.

To get in the house is the difficult part,

So I'll slide down the chimney of each child's heart.

My sack will hold toys to grant all their wishes.

The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.

I will fill all the stockings and not leave a track.

I'll eat every cookie that is left for my snack.

I can do all these things Lord, only through You,

I just need your blessing, then it's easy to do.

All this is to honor the birth of the One,

That was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.

So to all of my friends, least Your glory I rob,

Please Lord, remind them who gave me this job.

Author Unknown

 

From Santa's Little Instruction Book

Card #1 :  Be a Secret Santa - fulfill a heart's desire !

TODAY’S WORD

POINSETTIA

Poin set ti a / poyn settee a / noun

Shrub with red leaves like petals

A Mexican shrub of the spurge family that has distinctive bright red bracts resembling petals surrounding a cluster of tiny yellow flowers. It is a popular houseplant at Christmas.

Why is the Poinsettia used at Christmas?

Over a century ago, Dr. Joel Poinsett, the first U.S. ambassador to Mexico, brought the radiant red, star-shaped poinsettia to America. The Mexicans tell a legend about the poinsettia: a little girl, Maria, and her brother, Pablo, were so poor they had no gift to give the Christ child at their churches and when they set them up around the child, they turned beautiful red and looked like a star in the Christmas manger scene.

TODAY’S LINKS

Link for Advent Devotions from EWTN

JUST CLICK ON THE DATE FOR TODAY at: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/Advent/index.htm

A SNOWY CHRISTMAS NIGHT

(make sure you let the picture load up so you can hear Elvis sing)

http://www.alighthouse.com/night4.htm

SANTA

http://weeinspirations.com/santa.html

TODAY’S REFLECTION

You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Hebrews 1:9

Not only is our Savior the perfect role model of righteousness, but because of his love, death and resurrection, each of us is made righteous. What a wonderful gift he has given us.

This is a new day! You may have acted in unrighteous way yesterday, but you can be a blessing today. Surrender to the righteousness of Christ and he will anoint you with the oil of joy.

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 Create more space; donate used books to your local library.

16 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: