Thursday, March 9, 2006

FOR FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 10TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

TODAY'S ACTION

Believe in what you can become

TODAY'S QUOTE

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

 Albert Einstein

HAPPY FRIDAY

This morning I’m waiting for the Columbia Gas man to come, he is installing an electronic device that will allow them to read my meter from the outside. They complain because I’m never home when they come to read the meter. I’m at work when they come.

Then I’m off to the folks house to spend the rest of the day. I’m busy tomorrow, my usual day to go, as the babes are coming in to celebrate March birthdays. We’re going to the West Side Market and to O’Boy’s for dinner then back here for birthday cake.

We won’t be getting together again until Easter. We do have some April birthdays, but those are mostly out of state.

Here is a link to the West Side Market

http://www.westsidemarket.com/

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...RAVEN LEGEND DAY

There have been ravens at The Tower of London for over 900 years. Their legend goes like this... Charles II was told that if the Ravens ever left the Tower, the monarchy would fall. He made sure they didn't! Ravens arenow kept at the Tower by clipping their wings. They have their own lodgings, are cared for by the Ravenmaster - and they take all the tourists in stride.

HERE’S A LINK TO THE TOWER OF LONDON

http://www.hrp.org.uk/webcode/tower_home.asp

TODAY'S TRIVIA

 1849 - Abraham Lincoln of Springfield, IL applied for a patent for a device to lift vessels over shoals by means of inflated cylinders. Lincoln received the patent in May,

1849. You thought he was just the President of the United States, didn’t you? Honest. Abe was an inventor, too

1876: The first telephone call made by Alexander Graham Bell.

1980: Willard Scott debuted as the new weatherman on NBC-TV’s "Today Show." He also played Mr. Poole occasionally on The Hogan Family

1986 - The Wrigley Company of Chicago gummed up the works by raising the price of its seven-stick pack of Wrigley’s chewing gum from a quarter to 30 cents. It was the first time the price of chewing gum had risen in six years

1996: The International Museum of Cartoon Art opened in Boca Raton, Florida, housing 160-thousand cartoons by more than 1,000 artists. Peanuts creator Charles Schulz, who donated a million dollars to the museum, was on hand for the dedication

TODAY'S SMILE

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rock. I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree, and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life, and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountain of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

 I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . . here's my checkbook, my car keys, my credit card bills, and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, well, you'll have to catch me first, cause. . .

"TAG!! YOU'RE IT!!!

(I know this is an oldie and you’ve probably heard it before, but it so fit the description of how I feel that I just had to share it again !!!)

TODAY'S WORD

u·biq·ui·tous adjective

Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent: universal

TODAY'S REFLECTION

The Lord is a stronghold to him whose way is upright

Proverbs 10:29

There are many things in life

That we cannot understand,

But we must trust God’s judgment

And be guided by His hand

Helen Steiner Rice

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

No one is entirely useless; even the worst of us can serve as horrible examples

10 DAYS UNTIL SPRING

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY HOMEPAGE I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/faith.html

MY JOURNALS

 http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: