Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 12th, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 12TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Where there is great love there are always miracles.

Willa Cather

TODAY’S ACTION

Waste no tears over yesterday's grief

TODAY’S QUOTE

If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can't buy.

Robert Marlowe

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

In my trivia today there is a bit about Jack Nicklaus which reminded me that on the radio Monday morning they said they were at a Jack Nicklaus Scholarship golf event at the country club. My boys will remember this event as they caddied for many years there. This is supposed to be the 18th year for it.

It turned out to be a heavenly sunny day Monday with temps in the mid 70’s. Just perfect. Today should be another great one. There is not much on my calendar for after work this week. I’ll be home getting everything done so that I can leave for the campsite Thursday after work. I love short work weeks and next week I’ll have another. I’m using those vacation days while the weather is still nice. I do have a few more that I’ll use in the coming months, but these two Fridays are the only ones that are back to back.

It won’t be long and Labor Day will be here. We usually have pretty good weather through September and some good days in October and after that the camping season will be finished for this year anyway. Time is flying by.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…TRUCK DRIVERS DAY

Today is a time to give a nice thought to all of those people who travel the road. Truckers move our mail, our groceries and about everything else - including, sometimes, us! They keep the economy going, but they also spend a lot of time far away from home. Today let's say, "We Love Truckers!"

TODAY’S TRIVI

A Middle Child’s Day

Thank You Day

Aloha Day is here ! It's time for some fun 'n music in the Hawaiian style

1851 - Isaac Singer of New York City patented the double-treadle sewing machine on this day. Although a sewing machine had already been patented, Singer’s sewing machine was revolutionary, having a double treadle.

1865 - Joseph Lister became the first doctor to use disinfectant during surgery

1964 - For the 10th time in his major-league baseball career, Mickey Mantle hit home runs from both the left and ride sides of the plate in the same game -- setting a new baseball record.

1973 - Golfer Jack Nicklaus won his 14th major golf title, breaking a record held for nearly 50 years by Bobby Jones. Nicklaus won the PGA Championship for the third time

TODAY’S SMILE

Caddie Comebacks

Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"

Caddy: "Yes sir! You're much closer to actually hitting the ball, now."

Golfer: "Do you think I can reach the green with a five-iron?" Caddy: "Eventually."

Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time! It's such a distraction."

Caddy: "It's not my watch, sir. It's a compass."

Golfer: "How do you like my game?"

Caddy: "It's very nice, sir, but personally I prefer golf."

Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."

Caddy: "Oh, we left the actual golf course about an hour ago, sir."

Golfer: "That can't be my ball. It's too old."

Caddy: "Well, sir, it's been a long time since we teed off."

TODAY’S WORD

provenance \PROV-uh-nuhn(t)s\, noun:

Origin; source. Provenance comes from French, from provenant, present participle of provenir, "to originate," ultimately from Latin provenire, from pro-, "forth" + venire, to come

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The disciples approached Jesus and said, “Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven?” He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, “Amen, I say toyou, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the Kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.

Matthew 18:1-5

Lord, today you tell me I must change and become like a little child to enter the kingdom. What are the characteristics of children which so attract you? Is it their need, vulnerability, dependence, simple trust? Do these qualities somehow enable them to be open to the kingdom?

Lord, you alone know the depths of my need. I fear to let anyone else know how weak I am. Yet I long to feel I can trust myself ultimately to someone who will not destroy but uphold me. In the image of the little child you challenge me to ‘glory in my weakness’ (2 Cor 12:9).

Lord, you cannot resist the humble. They call forth your mercy. Enable me to know today, with St Paul, that ‘when I am weak, then I am strong’ (2 Corinthians 12:10)

Online Prayer-Reflection on the Daily Gospel

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To get rid of warts, rub them with coffee grounds, put the grounds in a bag, and bury it

41 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: