Monday, August 11, 2008

FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 11th, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 11TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.

Steven D. Woodhull

TODAY’S ACTION

See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little.

Pope John XXIII

TODAY’S QUOTE

I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It is amazing how it cheers one up to shred oranges and scrub the floor

D.H.Lawrence

HAPPY MONDAY !!

I won’t be scrubbing floors today, but I will be at work! Some days I wonder why, but then I realize I do like the extra money so if I work I can continue to do things like the camping that I enjoy.

The job is a blessing that I am thankful for and so I continue to work and then to keep my self in balance I go to the campsite on the weekends and rest.

It is a cool start to the day here but it should warm up to the mid 70’s they say.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…CHERRY POPCICLE DAY

There's nothing like a popscicle on a hot summer day. Flavored "ices" were being made almost as soon as people had ice. They chipped off small pieces, added syrup and served it in a bowl with a spoon. The next step was adding the sticks, and... the rest is history

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is the last Dog Day of 2008

Today is National Play in the Sand Day

National Apple Week begins, proclaimed by the Beatles in 1965 when announcing their Apple record label

Today is National Raspberry Bombe Day

1c. heavy cream

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 tsp. Kirsch

1/2 c. nuts, chopped

 1/2 c. cherries, chopped

1 qt. raspberry sherbet

Whip the cream until it begins to hold its shape. Gradually beat in sugar, Kirsch and cream until stiff. Fold in nut and cherries. Line a 6 cup mold with 1/2 the mixture leaving a hole in center. Fill in the hole with sherbet and cover with remaining mixture. Decorate top with fresh raspberry. Freeze overnight

1929 Babe Ruth becomes 1st to hit 500 homers

1956 Elvis Presley releases Don't Be Cruel

1981: IBM introduced the Personal Computer equipped with Microsoft operating system MS-DOS 1.0

1992: The Mall of America, biggest shopping mall in the U.S., opened in Bloomington, Minnesota

TODAY’S SMILE

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three strands of hair on her head Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today?' So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two strands of hair on her head. 'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?' So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one strand of hair on her head. 'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.' So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single strand of hair on her head. 'YEAH!' she exclaimed, 'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . . It's about learning to dance in the rain!!!

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

exalt \ig-ZOLT\, verb:

1. To praise, glorify, or honor.

2. To heighten or intensify.

3. To raise in rank, character, or status; as, "exalted the humble shoemaker to the rank of King's adviser Exalt comes from Latin exalto, exaltare, to raise high, from ex-, out of (but here simply used intensively; that is, to give emphasis) + altus, high

TODAY’S LINK

Positive Pause Daily Version

 http://greatday.com/cgi-bin/jsenter.pl?1685k05CCj75

TODAY’S REFLECTION

But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God.

Jude 1:20-21

My faith acts as a silent prayer that never ceases. It is a vibrant understanding that forms the foundation of my life, growing stronger every day as I use it and practice it. Faith is my inner knowing that the spirit of God is with me at all times, expressing divine qualities through me.

If a difficulty erupts with others, I am not intimidated by the appearance of disharmony or limitation. I act on a spiritual perception of what is true. I give expression to my faith in the power of God to create good out of all circumstances. And if I feel a dream is mine to claim, even if it may appear to be impractical, my faith enlivens my imagination to see the unlimited potential that is present.

My faith sustains and uplifts me through all experiences in life http://www.dailyword.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A person with square-shape ears is thought to have a noble heart

42 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and Hewill give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: