Monday, August 25, 2008

FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 25TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 25TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.

Anne Frank

TODAY’S ACTION

Waste not fresh tears, over old griefs

TODAY’S QUOTE

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx

HAPPY MONDAY !!

It is back to work once more and this week is going to be a long one. I have 5 work days this week and after have 2 short work weeks in a row it will be hard to take for sure. The good news is that we have a holiday weekend coming up and so after I get through the 5 days I’ll be having 4 days off.

A week from today will be our Labor Day holiday and then I’ve taken Tuesday off as a vacation day. Next week will only have 3 days of work and so I’ll just be counting my blessings and looking forward to next week.

There is nothing on my calendar for after work this week, so I’ll have some extra time to get some things done here at home. Friday is DS#1’s birthday so we’ll be celebrating that when I get to the campground after work. I promised to take dinner to him as a birthday treat. He has requested ‘Mr.Hero’ sandwiches, so I won’t have to cook, just pick up the order and take it to him.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for a new week! Some in my family, both teachers and students, will be back to school today so I hope their new school year will be off to a great start.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…SOY BEAN DAY

Soybeans are the only bean that contain the same proteins as meat - plus immune system builders. Originating in China, it was a staple food crop in the Far East for thousands of years. Introduced to the US in the early 1800s, it is now a leading crop right behind corn and wheat. Cooked Soybeans can be substituted for diced meat in any recipe - if you can get used to the taste

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Kiss and Make Up Day, a day to mend broken relationships

The Democratic National Convention begins today in Denver

1916: The National Park Service was established within the Department of the Interior

1984 - The Cabbage Patch Kids and Trivial Pursuit were replaced by the latest fad toys: robotic action figures that fought galactic battles. They were called Transformers

TODAY’S SMILE

Never eat more than you can lift.

Miss Piggy

TODAY’S WORD

comity \KOM-uh-tee\, noun:

1. A state of mutual harmony, friendship, and respect, especially between or among nations or people; civility.

2. The courteous recognition by one nation of the laws and institutions of another.

3. The group of nations observing international comity

Comity is from Latin comitas, from comis, courteous

TODAY’S REFLECTION

They were astounded beyond measure, saying, "He has done everything well; he even makes the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.

Mark 7:31

In a Peanuts cartoon, Charlie Brown, Linus, and Lucy are on their way to school. It's show and tell day. Lucy asks Linus if he has remembered to bring anything for show and tell. "Yes," Linus answers, "I have a couple of things here to show the class." He then unfolds some papers. "These are copies I've been making of some of the Dead Sea scrolls," he says. Holding them up for Charlie Brown and Lucy to inspect he continues. "This is a duplicate of the scroll of Isaiah, chapters 38-40. It was made from 17 pieces of sheep skin and was found in a cave by a Bedouin shepherd." Pulling out another piece of paper he says, "Here I have made a copy of the earliest known fragment ever found. It's a portion of I Samuel 23: 9-16. I'll try to explain to the class how these manuscripts have influenced modern scholarship." Lucy responds, "Very interesting, Linus," and she turns to Charlie Brown and asks, "Are you bringing something for show and tell Charlie Brown?" "Well," says a dejected Charlie Brown, "I had a little red fire engine here but I think I'll just forget it." Do you think Charlie Brown did his best by giving up? His red fire engine would have been a great way to talk about fire safety or to address some other fire relate issue, but by giving up Charlie Brown was not doing his best. Our theme for the day comes from words spoken about Jesus. After he had taught and after he had healed, the people said, "He has done everything well; he even makes the deaf to hear and the mute to speak." What more can anybody ask of us than to do our best? What more can God ask of us than for us to do our best? http://www.devotions.net

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

The faster a cricket chirps, the warmer the temperature

28 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: